January 2, 2004

Ethician Family Cemetery

We had our first burial today in The Ethician Family Cemetery. Two college boys dug the grave by hand yesterday. They raked the leaf litter into a pile so that it could be placed back on the grave when it was filled in. They were very careful to not damage even a blade of grass and we only encountered a few tiny roots.

The grave was seven feet long, 30 inches wide and four feet deep. The casket was made from a cardboard box strenghtened with pine boards. Of course the man was not embalmed, so both he and his carket are completely biodegradable. Although no family or friends attended the service, the funeral director said that his friends will come up at a later date and place either a natural stone at the head of the grave or will make a marker out of sackcrete.

He is buried at the edge of the cemetery on land that SHECO says they want to construct the 138kv power line. If SHECO does prevail and is able to condemn part of our cemetery, they would be forced to move the body which would be a very messy procedure that would probably make their illegal desecration of a cemetery cause them great public ridicule.

The person in Houston who is responsible for burying homeless veterans is interested in the lot that I have offered for free burials. I am hopeful that we will have several dead veterans in the way of SHECO's nefarious plans in the near future.

Just after the simple service, an eagle flew overhead, which has always been a good omen.


The station wagon carrying the body stopped in front of the CHAPEL OF THE NATIVITY and the departed was anointed posthumously as an ETHICIAN so that he would be eligible to be buried in our Church Cemetery. Then we drove to the cemetery and four of us carried the casket to the gravesite. After we lowered him into the grave that was dug so that he faced the sunset, I said the following:

"May his soul dwell with God, may his spirit remain as one with the eternal life forces of the Universe, and may his body nurture the Earth."

The grave diggers then replaced the soil and spread the leaf litter on top of the mound. I suspect that within thirty days or so, it will be next to impossible to find the grave unless it is marked or one knows its exact location. For the record, I will determine its coordinates with a GPS